Prince Harry and Meghan to move back to Britain
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are preparing to return to the United Kingdom, according to CNN's understanding of the situation. The couple, who have been
Table of Contents
Harry and Meghan Set to Relocate to Britain
Qwenews.com – The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are preparing to return to the United Kingdom, according to CNN’s understanding of the situation. The couple, who have been based in California since 2020, are expected to depart the United States later this month and settle into a private home situated outside London. Their two children — Prince Archie, now 7, and Princess Lilibet, now 5 — have reportedly been registered at British schools ahead of the upcoming term, as reported by The Telegraph.
The King’s Response
King Charles was informed of the relocation plans for the first time on Sunday. Notably, the matter had not been raised or discussed during the couple’s family visit to Britain earlier in July. The monarch is said to welcome the prospect of spending more time with the Sussex household in a private, personal setting. He has also made clear that their status as non-working members of the royal family and private individuals will remain unchanged.
A Decade-Long Rift
The Sussexes left the UK for North America in 2020 after stepping back from royal duties, and the years since have been marked by a public falling out with the wider royal family. Harry and Meghan pointed to tabloid intrusion, racism within British institutions, sustained online abuse, and complicated family dynamics as factors behind their departure.
Recent Visits and Reconciliation Efforts
Harry has made multiple trips back to Britain in recent years, including attending the funeral of his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, in 2022, and the coronation of his father, King Charles III, the following year. In September of last year, he returned to England for what was his first in-person meeting with his father in 19 months.
The July family visit saw King Charles and Queen Camilla host Harry, Meghan, and their children at Highgrove House, the King’s private country residence in Gloucestershire. It marked the first occasion in four years that the monarch had seen the entire Sussex household together.
Harry’s July itinerary also included several charity engagements, among them events marking the one-year countdown to the Invictus Games — the Paralympic-style sporting competition for injured servicemembers and veterans that he established more than a decade ago.
The Security Dispute
Last year, Harry contested the British government’s decision to reduce the level of taxpayer-funded security provided to him following his step back from royal life. After losing the court challenge, he told the BBC in an interview that the ruling left him feeling
“devastated”
and stated that it rendered it
“impossible”
for him to return to the UK alongside his wife and children.
CNN has reached out to the Sussexes for comment.
Related Reading
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Prince Harry and Meghan to move?
Prince Harry and Meghan to move is the main topic of this guide. The article explains the context, practical details, and next steps readers should understand.
Why does Prince Harry and Meghan to move matter?
Prince Harry and Meghan to move matters because readers are looking for a useful answer, not just a short summary. Good content should match search intent and help them decide what to do next.
